iOS 8 Swift Programming Cookbook: Solutions & Examples for iOS Apps is published by O'Reilly Media in December 2014. This book has 902 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1491908693.
Entirely rewritten for Apple’s Swift programming language, this updated cookbook helps you overcome the vexing issues you’re likely to face when creating apps for iOS devices.
You’ll find hundreds of new and revised recipes for using the iOS 8 SDK, including techniques for working with Health data and HomeKit accessories, enhancing and animating graphics, storing and protecting data, sending and receiving notifications, and managing files and folders among them. Each recipe includes sample code on GitHub that you can use right away.
- Use CloudKit APIs to store information in the cloud with ease
- Create custom keyboards and extensions
- Access users’ health-related information with HealthKit
- Interact with accessories inside the user’s home with HomeKit
- Create vibrant and lifelike user interfaces with UIKit Dynamics
- Use the Keychain to protect your app’s data
- Develop location-aware and multitasking-aware apps
- Work with iOS 8’s audio and video APIs
- Use Event Kit UI to manage calendars, dates, and events
- Take advantage of the accelerometer and the gyroscope
- Get working examples for implementing gesture recognizers
- Retrieve and manipulate contacts and groups from the Address Book
- Determine a camera’s availability and access the Photo Library