Enterprise Search is published by O'Reilly Media in October 2015. This book has 310 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1491915530.
Is your organization rapidly accumulating more information than you know how to manage? This updated edition of Enterprise Search helps you create an enterprise search solution based on more than just technology. Author Martin White shows you how to plan and implement a managed search environment that meets the needs of your business and your employees. You’ll learn why it’s absolutely vital to have a dedicated staff manage your search technology and support your users.
New material for this second edition includes material on SharePoint 2013 search, managing open source search development, website search, designing the search user, and assessing search performance. Chapters now include a Further Reading section for computer science and information science students.
- 10 critical success factors to assess organizational search maturity
- Essential skills needed to support a successful search application
- How to specify and manage open source search development
- How to manage SharePoint 2013 search
- Methods to assess the business impact of search
- Best practices in user interface design
- The importance of search for websites
- What to include in a search strategy