Learning Virtual Reality is published by O'Reilly Media in November 2015. This book has 166 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1491922835.
Get an introduction to the technologies, tools, and techniques for programming virtual reality on the latest generation of desktop and mobile VR hardware. With this hands-on guide, you’ll learn essential development and production concepts, including UI design, stereo rendering, 3D input, and programming VR applications for native desktop, mobile and the web.
You don’t have to be a game development wizard or have 3D graphics experience to get started. If you have basic programming skills and some familiarity with mobile development, this book will help you gain a working knowledge of virtual reality through clear and simple examples.
- Understand core virtual reality programming concepts
- Learn about emerging VR hardware platforms, including Oculus Rift, Samsung Gear VR, and Google Cardboard
- Learn the tools of the trade for developing VR: Unity3D for native desktop and mobile; the Android Cardboard SDK; Three.js and GLAM (GL and Markup) for web and browser-based mobile
- Create Unity 3D-based VR samples as you learn
- Create Native Android VR samples as you learn
- Create Web-based VR samples as you learn
- Develop working knowledge of user interface design techniques, including menus and 3D input
- Build up to a full application in the final chapter