Kafka: The Definitive Guide is published by O'Reilly Media in July 2016. This book has 300 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1491936160.
Learn how to take full advantage of Apache Kafka, the distributed, publish-subscribe queue for handling real-time data feeds. With this comprehensive book, you’ll understand how Kafka works and how it’s designed. Authors Neha Narkhede, Gwen Shapira, and Todd Palino show you how to deploy production Kafka clusters; secure, tune, and monitor them; write rock-solid applications that use Kafka; and build scalable stream-processing applications.
- Learn how Kafka compares to other queues, and where it fits in the big data ecosystem
- Dive into Kafka’s internal design
- Pick up best practices for developing applications that use Kafka
- Understand the best way to deploy Kafka in production monitoring, tuning, and maintenance tasks
- Learn how to secure a Kafka cluster
- Get detailed use-cases