Automating Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Services: From the Data Center to the Cloud with PowerShell is published by O'Reilly Media in November 2014. This book has 178 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1491944899.
Get valuable tips and techniques for automating your cloud deployments with Azure PowerShell cmdlets, and learn how to provision Azure services on the fly. In this hands-on guide, Microsoft cloud technology expert Michael Washam shows you how to automate various management tasks and deploy solutions that are both complex and at scale.
By combining the native automation capabilities of PowerShell with Azure Infrastructure Services, these powerful cmdlets enable you to create and configure virtual machines with ease. You’ll learn how to take advantage of these technologies to build complete virtual networks. If you have experience with PowerShell and Azure, you’re ready to get started.
- Install and authenticate cmdlets to set up your environment
- Create and update virtual machines with Azure platform images
- Manage network endpoints, access control lists, and IP addresses
- Use cmdlets to manage and configure virtual machine storage
- Automate Azure virtual networks with hybrid technologies such as site-to-site, point-to-site, and ExpressRoute
- Dive into advanced virtual machine provisioning capabilities and management techniques
- Learn tips and tricks for deleting or moving virtual machines within (or out of) your subscription