eCommerce in the Cloud: Bringing Elasticity to eCommerce is published by O'Reilly Media in May 2014. This book has 282 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1491946633.
Is your eCommerce solution ready for the cloud? This practical guide shows experienced and aspiring web architects alike how to adopt cloud computing incrementally, using public Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service. You will learn how to marshal as much capacity as you need to handle peak holiday or special-event traffic.
Written by eCommerce expert Kelly Goetsch, this book helps architects leverage recent technological advances that have made it possible to run an entire enterprise-level eCommerce platform from a cloud.
- Explore cloud service models: Infrastructure-as-a-Service, Platform-as-a-Service, and Software-as-a-Service
- Learn about public, hybrid, and private cloud deployment models
- Understand the impact of omnichannel retailing on platform and deployment architectures
- Build an auto-scaling solution that can quickly add or subtract hardware in response to real-time traffic
- Re-apply what you already know about security to the cloud
- Run a single eCommerce platform from multiple data centers, including several forms of multi-master
- Build a hybrid solution or deploy your entire platform to the cloud
- Learn application and deployment architecture for “cloud native” through legacy eCommerce platforms
- Use Software-as-a-Service for eCommerce, including Content Delivery Networks and Global Site Load Balancing services