Data Wrangling with Python is published by O'Reilly Media in February 2016. This book has 508 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1491948811.
How do you take your data analysis skills beyond Excel to the next level? By learning just enough Python to get stuff done. This hands-on guide shows non-programmers like you how to process information that’s initially too messy or difficult to access. You don’t need to know a thing about the Python programming language to get started.
Through various step-by-step exercises, you’ll learn how to acquire, clean, analyze, and present data efficiently. You’ll also discover how to automate your data process, schedule file- editing and clean-up tasks, process larger datasets, and create compelling stories with data you obtain.
- Quickly learn basic Python syntax, data types, and language concepts
- Work with both machine-readable and human-consumable data
- Scrape websites and APIs to find a bounty of useful information
- Clean and format data to eliminate duplicates and errors in your datasets
- Learn when to standardize data and when to test and script data cleanup
- Explore and analyze your datasets with new Python libraries and techniques
- Use Python solutions to automate your entire data-wrangling process