Routing and Switching Essentials Companion Guide is published by Cisco Press in February 2014. This book has 864 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1587133183.
Routing and Switching Essentials Companion Guide is the official supplemental textbook for the Routing and Switching Essentials course in the Cisco® Networking Academy® CCNA® Routing and Switching curriculum.
This course describes the architecture, components, and operations of routers and switches in a small network. You learn how to configure a router and a switch for basic functionality. By the end of this course, you will be able to configure and troubleshoot routers and switches and resolve common issues with RIPv1, RIPv2, single-area and multi-area OSPF, virtual LANs, and inter-VLAN routing in both IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
The Companion Guide is designed as a portable desk reference to use anytime, anywhere to reinforce the material from the course and organize your time.
The book’s features help you focus on important concepts to succeed in this course:
- Chapter objectives–Review core concepts by answering the focus questions listed at the beginning of each chapter.
- Key terms–Refer to the lists of networking vocabulary introduced and highlighted in context in each chapter.
- Glossary–Consult the comprehensive Glossary with more than 200 terms.
- Summary of Activities and Labs–Maximize your study time with this complete list of all associated practice exercises at the end of each chapter.
- Check Your Understanding–Evaluate your readiness with the end-of-chapter questions that match the style of questions you see in the online course quizzes. The answer key explains each answer.