CCDE Study Guide is published by Cisco Press in October 2015. This book has 624 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1587144615.
CCDE Study Guide is written and reviewed by CCDE engineers and helps you to both improve your design skills and to study for and pass the CCDE exam. Network design is an art, combining broad technology knowledge and experience. This book covers a broad number of technologies, protocols and design options, and considerations that can bring these aspects together and show how they can be used and thought about based on different requirements and business goals. Therefore, this book does not attempt to teach foundational technology knowledge, instead each section:
- Highlights, discusses, and compares the limitations and advantages of the different design options in terms of scalability, performance, flexibility, availability, complexity, security, and so on to simplify the job and help you understand what technology, protocol, or design options should be selected and why, based on the business or application requirements or to fix a broken design that need to be optimized
- Covers design aspects of different protocols and technologies, and how they map with different requirements
- Highlights drivers toward using these technologies whether it is intended for enterprise or service provider network, depending on the topic and technology
Using a business-driven approach, CCDE Study Guide helps you analyze business and technical requirements and develop network designs that are based on these business needs and goals, taking into account both the technical and non-technical design constraints. The various “scenario-based” design examples discussed in this book will help you craft design approaches and requirements analysis on such topics as converged enterprise network architectures, service provider network architectures, and data centers. The book also addresses high availability, IPv6, multicast, QoS, security, and network management design considerations, presenting you with an in-depth evaluation of a broad range of technologies and environments.
Whether you are preparing for the CCDE exam or simply wish to gain better insight into the art of network design in a variety of environments, this book helps you learn how to think like an expert network designer as well as analyze and compare
the different design options, principles, and protocols based on different design requirements.
- Master a business-driven approach to designing enterprise, service provider, and data center networks
- Analyze the design impact of business, functional, and application requirements
- Learn from scenario-based examples, including converged enterprise networks, service provider networks, and cloud-based data centers
- Overcome design limitations and fix broken designs
- Review design options and considerations related to Layer 2 and Layer 3 control plane protocols
- Build designs that accommodate new services and applications
- Consider design options for modern campus networks, including network virtualization
- Design WAN edge and Internet edge blocks in enterprise networks
- Review the architectural elements of a service provider-grade network
- Plan MPLS VPN network environments, including L2VPN and L3VPN
- Interconnect different networks or routing domains
- Design traditional, virtualized, and cloud-based data center networks
- Interconnect dispersed data center networks to protect business continuity
- Achieve appropriate levels of operational uptime and network resiliency
- Integrate IPv6, multicast, QoS, security, and network management into your designs