Build an HTML5 Game is published by No Starch Press in March 2015. This book has 224 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1593275754.
As you follow along with this in-depth, hands-on tutorial, you’ll learn how to:
- Make things explode with a jQuery plug-in
- Use hitboxes and geometry to detect collisions
- Implement game logic to display levels and respond to player input
- Convey changes in game state with animation and sound
- Add flair to a game interface with CSS transitions and transformations
- Gain pixel-level control over your game display with the HTML canvas
The programming starts right away in Chapter—no hemming and hawing, history, or throat clearing. Exercises at the end of each chapter challenge you to dig in to the bubble shooter’s code and modify the game.Go ahead. Take the plunge. Learn to create a complete HTML5 game right now and then use your newfound skills to build your own mega-popular, addictive game.