Design for the Mind is published by Manning Publications in July 2016. This book has 240 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1617292958.
Design for the Mind: Seven Psychological Principles of Persuasive Design teaches you to recognize how websites and applications can benefit from an awareness of our innate, natural responses as humans, and to apply the same principles to your own designs. This approachable book introduces the psychological principles, deconstructs each into easily digestible concepts, and then shows how you can apply them. The idea is to deepen your understanding of why people react in the ways they do. After reading the book, you’ll be ready to make your work more psychologically friendly, engaging, and persuasive.
- Making design persuasive
- Encouraging visitors to take action
- Creating enduring messages
- Meeting the needs of both engaged and disengaged visitors
- Becoming a strategic influencer
- Applying theory, with case studies and real-world examples