Lonely Planet Kyoto is published by Lonely Planet in September 2015. This book has 224 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1742209951.
Lonely Planet Kyoto is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Get a panoramic view of Kyoto at Ginkaku-ji, catch a glimpse of geishas in the Gion district, or see Arashiyama’s infinite stalks of bamboo; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Kyoto and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Kyoto Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience – including culture, history, performing arts, crafts, architecture, gardens, politics, and tea
- Free, convenient pull-out Kyoto map (included in print version), plus over 28 neighbourhood maps
- Covers Arashiyama, Sagano, the Kitayama Area, Northern Higashiyama, Southern Higashiyama, Northwest Kyoto, Downtown Kyoto, Central Kyoto, Kurama, Kibune, Ohara, Takao, the Gion district, Kyoto Station Area, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Kyoto, our most comprehensive guide to Kyoto, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet’s Japan guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet’s Discover Japan, a photo-rich guide to the country’s most popular attractions.