Lonely Planet Scotland is published by Lonely Planet in April 2015. This book has 496 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1743215708.
Lonely Planet Scotland is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Head over the sea to Skye for stunning scenery, seek out the history round every corner in Edinburgh and stroll the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Scotland and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Scotland Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – castles, lochs & mountains, islands, literature, food & drink, museums, culture, wildlife, the land
- Free, convenient pull-out Edinburgh map (included in print version), plus over 50 colour maps
- Covers Edinburgh, Glasgow, Highlands & Islands, Inverness & the Central Highlands, Orkney & Shetland and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Scotland, our most comprehensive guide to Scotland, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights? Check out Lonely Planet’s Discover Scotland, a photo-rich guide to the country’s most popular attractions; Scotland’s Highlands & Islands, a comprehensive guide on this particular region; or Pocket Edinburgh, a handy-sized guide focused on the city’s can’t-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet’s Great Britain guide for a comprehensive look at all Great Britain has to offer, or Discover Great Britain, a photo-rich guide to its most popular attractions.