Lonely Planet India is published by Lonely Planet in October 2015. This book has 1248 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1743216767.
Lonely Planet India is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Admire the perfect symmetry of the Taj Mahal, ride a camel through the moonlit desert or cruise the lush backwaters of Kerala; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of India and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s India Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – temples, cuisine, history, art, Hinduism, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, customs, volunteering, yoga, ashrams, trekking
- Over 199 colour maps
- Covers Delhi’s bazaars, the Taj Mahal, Rajasthan’s forts and deserts, Goa’s beaches, Kerala’s backwaters, Mumbai’s colonial-era buildings, Darjeeling’s tea plantations, Khajuraho’s ancient temples, Himalayan monasteries and more