JBoss Weld CDI for Java Platform is published by Packt Publishing in July 2013. This book has 122 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1782160182.
CDI simplifies dependency injection for modern application developers by taking advantage of Java annotations and moving away from complex XML, while at the same time providing an extensible and powerful programming model.
“JBoss Weld CDI for Java Platform” is a practical guide to CDI’s dependency injection concepts using clear and easy-to-follow examples. This will help you take advantage of the power behind CDI, as well as providing a firm understanding of how to use it within your applications.
“JBoss Weld CDI for Java Platform” covers all the major aspects of CDI, breaking it down into understandable pieces. This book will take you through many examples of how these concepts can be utilized, helping you get up and running quickly and painlessly.
“JBoss Weld CDI for Java Platform” gives you an insight into the different scopes provided by CDI and the use cases for which each has been designed. You will learn everything about dependency injection, scopes, events, producers, and more from JBoss Weld CDI, as well as how producers can create new beans for consumption within your application. You will also learn how to build a real world application with CDI using JSF and AngularJS for different web interfaces.
What you will learn from this book
- Install JBoss Weld in an application server
- Learn CDI dependency injection type lookup rules
- Create dynamic beans with producers
- Fire and observe events to decouple beans
- Use interceptors and decorators for cross-cutting concerns
- Understand the sequence of the JBoss Weld container lifecycle
- Create your own CDI portable extension
- Access CDI beans from AngularJS
- Learn how scopes and contexts work and what CDI provides