Using Node.js for UI Testing is published by Packt Publishing in March 2013. This book has 146 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1782160526.
Automating tests for your user interfaces has always been the holy grail of programming. Now, using Zombie.js and Mocha you can create and quickly run your tests, allowing you to test even small changes. Increase your confidence in the code and minimize the number of times you have to use a real browser while you develop.
“Using Node.js for UI Testing” is a quick and thorough guide on how to automatically test your web app, keeping it rock solid and bug-free. You will learn how to simulate complex user behaviour and verify that your application behaves correctly.
You will create a web app in Node.js that uses complex user interactions and AJAX; by the end you will be able to fully test it from the command-line. Then you will start creating the user interface tests for this application using Mocha as a framework and Zombie.js as a headless browser.
You will also create a complete test suite, module by module, testing simple and complex user interactions.
What you will learn from this book
- Creating your test suite using Mocha.
- Building a web application using Node.js and Flatiron.js.
- Loading documents into the Zombie.js headless browser.
- Triggering user events in Zombie.js.
- Querying the DOM to test your application behaviour.
- Injecting complex events into your application.
- Triggering and testing complex user interactions and AJAX calls.
- Inspecting the Zombie headless browser state.
Full of techniques and tips for simulating user interactions and verifying that your application is behaving correctly.
Who this book is written for