Sparrow iOS Game Framework: Books + Codes is published by Packt Publishing in August 2014. This book has 270 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1782161509.
Sparrow is a game framework with a focus on ease-of-use and current state-of-the-art technologies. The Sparrow game framework is intended for 2D games and multimedia applications and has built-in support for animation, managing objects on the screen, and touch support.
Sparrow iOS Game Framework Beginner’s Guide aims to teach a complete overview on how to develop a mobile game for iOS using Objective-C as the programming language and the Sparrow game framework. Instead of teaching concepts separately, this book will take a methodical approach, taking you through the development of an entire game using Sparrow’s powerful framework.
What You Will Learn
- Create display objects and learn how to render them on the screen
- Animate objects on the screen
- Develop your game for multiple devices such as the iPhone and the iPad
- Organize your game into scenes and classes and build upon the iOS directory structure
- Create and design the user interface utilizing the Sparrow API
- Apply basic artificial intelligence to enemy objects to enhance the difficulty level of the game
- Add finishing touches to your game with music and sound effects
Who This Book Is For
This book is aimed at those who have always wanted to create their own games for iOS devices. Perhaps you’ve already dabbled in game development and want to know how to develop games for the Apple App Store, or maybe you have developed Objective-C apps in the past but you are new to game development. In either case, this book will help with descriptive examples and teach you to develop a game throughout its course. Some experience in Objective-C and a basic understanding of object-oriented programming are required.