Liferay Portal 6.2 Enterprise Intranets is published by Packt Publishing in August 2015. This book has 614 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1782162841.
To develop an intranet portal for an Enterprise, Liferay is the only open-source portal development platform that has a high scale graph for the developer to extend any component. It provides high end integration with other applications. By using this book, both beginners and more experienced users will be able to create an intranet portal easily.
This book will be your pocket reference to Liferay. It will explain to you the new features of Liferay, including Liferay Sync and the Recycle Bin. It will help you to integrate with other key applications such as LDAP, SSO, and Alfresco 4.x and above. You will be introduced to documents, web content, and image management. You will move onto Liferay Sync’s new tool to synchronize documents and media files to the local system. You’ll discover the Market Place, the newest feature of Liferay. Liferay Social Office and its integrations are also thoroughly explained.
This book is packed with practical examples that will help you to develop an intranet portal quickly and easily.
What You Will Learn
- Be introduced to the all new features of Liferay 6.2
- Understand the different controls/actions to make the portal work for an Enterprise
- Manage users, organizations, sites, user groups, and roles and also set up portal permissions
- Set up a forum and get detailed descriptions of categorization, tagging, and Asset Publisher
- Enable Wiki to share knowledge among users and create new dynamic data list and poll portlets
- Handle federated search and OpenSearch and deploy search-based portlets
- Implement web content management with a different approach in the portal
- Employ community tools such as invitations, bookmarks, page comments, and page ratings
- Manage Liferay’s document and media portlet
Who This Book Is For
This book is for anyone who is interested in the Liferay Intranet Portal. This book is for both beginners and more experienced portal developers who need to create an enterprise intranet portal for their business. It will be handy for IT professionals who know the basics of how the portal technology works and need to integrate different open source technologies.