Liferay 6.x Portal Enterprise Intranets Cookbook is published by Packt Publishing in June 2015. This book has 237 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1782164289.
Packed with easy-to-follow recipes, this practical guide will show you how to unleash the full power of the Liferay Portal. Starting with performing a basic installation and running Liferay, the book will take you all the way through to building intranet structures, managing users, setting permissions, defining workflows, and creating sites that will act as the main communication tool for employees in your company. Furthermore, many recipes will show ready-to-use solutions from real-world case studies. At the end of the book, we will show you how to optimize Liferay’s performance and how to use its advanced built-in tools.
After reading this book you will be ready to install, run, and use Liferay as a powerful intranet solution.
Who This Book Is For
If you are a Java developer or administrator with a technical background and want to install and configure Liferay Portal as an enterprise intranet, this is the book for you. In short, reusable recipes help you realize business goals as working features in Liferay. This book will also give you useful hints on how to easily improve the default functionality of the system and its performance.
What You Will Learn
- Build a corporate knowledge base for all employees in your organization
- Configure site and page templates for departments in your company
- Design and implement roles and permissions to fit your organization
- Define efficient business processes using XML representation
- Integrate with LDAP, CAS SSO, and Solr search engine
- Improve your portal with caching, clustering, indexing, searching, and more
- Use effective taxonomy and folksonomy to organize documents and articles