Mastering Ninject for Dependency Injection is published by Packt Publishing in September 2013. This book has 142 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1782166207.
For .NET developers and architects, this is the ultimate guide to the principles of Dependency Injection and how to use the automating features of Ninject in the most effective way. Packed with examples, diagrams, and illustrations.
- Create loosely coupled applications by implementing dependency injection using Ninject
- Learn how to design an enterprise application so as to maximize its maintainability, extensibility and testability
- Automate the process of dealing with the dependencies of your application and object lifetimes
- Address the cross-cutting concerns of your applications in the easiest way
- Full of real-life, step-by-step examples and clear code samples
Dependency injection is an approach to creating loosely coupled applications. Maintainability, testability, and extensibility are just a few advantages of loose coupling. Ninject is a software library which automates almost everything that we need in order to implement a dependency injection pattern.
Mastering Ninject for Dependency Injection will teach you everything you need to know in order to implement dependency injection using Ninject in a real-life project. Not only does it teach you about Ninject core framework features that are essential for implementing dependency injection, but it also explores the power of Ninject’s most useful extensions and demonstrates how to apply them.
Mastering Ninject for Dependency Injection starts by introducing you to dependency injection and what it’s meant for with the help of sufficient examples.
Eventually, you’ll learn how to integrate Ninject into your practical project and how to use its basic features. Also, you will go through scenarios wherein advanced features of Ninject, such as Multi-binding, Contextual binding, providers, factories and so on, come into play. As you progress, Mastering Ninject for Dependency Injection will show you how to create a multilayer application that demonstrates the use of Ninject on different application types such as MVC, WPF, WCF, and so on. Finally, you will learn the benefits of using the powerful extensions of Ninject.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand dependency injection, how it is different from similar patterns such as inversion of control, and the problems that it addresses
- Set up Ninject in an application and configure it either using XML or programmatically
- Learn how to control object life-time by configuring object scopes
- Wire up abstract service types to concrete implementations using bindings
- Create plugins to add new features to compiled applications dynamically
- Use Ninject in different application types such as Win Forms, Web Forms, WPF, Silverlight, ASP.NET MVC, and WCF
- Inject common loggers such as log4net and NLog automatically into application components
- Test application units and automate the injection of mock objects by integrating Ninject with common mock frameworks (for example Moq or Rhino Mock)
- Register hundreds of bindings in a single line of code using the Convention configuration
- Inject the implementation of cross-cutting concerns such as logging, exception handling, or caching by interception
Mastering Ninject for Dependency Injection teaches you the most powerful concepts of Ninject in a simple and easy-to-understand format using lots of practical examples, diagrams, and illustrations.