Game Development with Three.js is published by Packt Publishing in October 2013. This book has 118 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1782168539.
Starting with how to build 3D games on the web using the Three.js graphics library, you will learn how to build 3D worlds with meshes, lighting, user interaction, physics, and more. Along the way, you’ll learn how to build great online games through fun examples. Use this book as a guide to embrace the next generation of game development!
Moving on from the basics, you will learn how to use Three.js to build game worlds using its core components, including renderers, geometries, materials, lighting, cameras, and scenes. Following on from this, you will learn how to work with mouse and keyboard interactions, incorporate game physics, and import custom models and animations. You will also learn how to include effects like particles, sounds, and post-processing. You will start by building a 3D world, and then create a first person shooter game using it. You will then be shown how to imbue this FPS game with a “capture the flag” gameplay objective. With Game Development with Three.js, you will be able to build 3D games on the Web using the Three.js graphics library.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up a Three.js scene representing a game world
- Understand the types of Three.js components, including geometries, materials, lighting, cameras, and renderers
- Interact with your games using the mouse and keyboard
- Structure your worlds with various approaches to physical collision
- Construct complex levels using several different methods
- Extend the Three.js framework with custom game-specific classes
- Gain insight into development processes and important design and performance considerations for web games
- Achieve a basic understanding of multiplayer game networking
A step-by-step, example-based guide to building immersive 3D games on the Web using the Three.js graphics library.
Who this book is written for