Infinispan Data Grid Platform Definitive Guide is published by Packt Publishing in May 2015. This book has 464 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1782169970.
Infinispan is an extremely scalable, highly available key/ value data store and data grid platform. In-memory data grids (IMDG) have recently been gaining a lot of attention, and the market for this technology is steadily increasing.
This book is a practical guide that covers all Infinispan features in a progressive manner with the help of real-world and ready-to-use examples. You will learn how to install Infinispan and create a perfect development environment. Next, you will learn how to persist data to a permanent store and integrate Infinispan with technologies such as Hibernate OGM, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and CDI. Finally, we will present a sample application that you can download from the JBoss Developer Framework. By the end of this book, you will be able to build extremely scalable applications, providing a highly available key/value data store.
Who This Book Is For
This practical guide is intended for those who want to learn how to build extremely scalable applications. This book is easy to read and is aimed at Java enterprise developers with a solid knowledge of Java. However, no previous coding experience with Infinispan is required.
What You Will Learn
- Install Infinispan and create the perfect development environment
- Get acquainted with topologies and strategies for different situations and data access patterns
- Familiarize yourself with scaling techniques and concepts including distributed transactions, ACID, and database sharding
- Monitor your Infinispan instances by using RHQ or JMX clients
- Control and manage transactions using JTA and use the available APIs to manipulate your cache data
- Create an application called TicketMonster and learn how to implement Infinispan
- Learn about JGroups and how to use it with Infinispan for reliable communication
- Learn the concepts behind big data and how to work with Infinispan MapReduce API