Mastering AWS Development is published by Packt Publishing in June 2015. This book has 464 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1782173632.
This book is a practical guide to developing, administering, and managing applications and infrastructures with AWS. With this, you’ll be able to create, design, and manage an entire application life cycle on AWS by using the AWS SDKs, APIs, and the AWS Management Console.
You’ll start with the basics of the AWS development platform and look into creating stable and scalable infrastructures using EC2, EBS, and Elastic Load Balancers. You’ll then deep-dive into designing and developing your own web app and learn about the alarm mechanism, disaster recovery plan, and connecting AWS services through REST-based APIs. Following this, you’ll get to grips with CloudFormation, auto scaling, bootstrap AWS EC2 instances, automation and deployment with Chef, and develop your knowledge of big data and Apache Hadoop on AWS Cloud.
At the end, you’ll have learned about AWS billing, cost-control architecture designs, AWS Security features and troubleshooting methods, and developed AWS-centric applications based on an underlying AWS infrastructure.
What You Will Learn
- Get to grips with the AWS development platform to access, authenticate, and manage the identity of various applications
- Create a scalable infrastructure using EC2, EBS, the Elastic load balancer, and auto scaling efficiently as per your web traffic requirements
- Manage the whole storage life cycle of AWS using different services such as RDS, S3, and RedShift programmatically
- Design and develop a web application, a batch processing system, and their required infrastructures
- Understand the importance of APIs at the development phase with AWS and leverage the benefits of REST-based APIs call over AWS services
- Explore troubleshooting best practices, security on AWS and disaster recovery plans
- Bootstrap AWS EC2 instances with preconfiguration commands to set up the environment and use Chef for automation and deployment
Who This Book Is For
This book is for web and Cloud computing developers with knowledge of databases, basic virtualization, and Cloud computing. Having prior understanding of architecting on AWS is recommended.