Python Projects for Kids is published by Packt Publishing in May 2016. This book has 173 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1782175063.
Kids are always the most fast-paced and enthusiastic learners, and are naturally willing to build stuff that looks like magic at the end (when it works!). Programming can be one such magic. Being able to write a program that works helps them feel they’ve really achieved something. Kids today are very tech-savvy and cannot wait to enter the fast-paced digital world.
Because Python is one of the most popular languages and has a syntax that is quite simple to understand, even kids are eager to use it as a stepping stone to learning programming languages.
This book will cover projects that are simple and fun, and teach kids how to write Python code that works.
The book will teach the basics of Python programming, installation, and so on and then will move on to projects. A total of three projects, with each and every step explained carefully, without any assumption of previous experience.
What you will learn
- Start fiddling with Python’s variables, build functions and interact with users
- Build your own calculator using the Math Library
- Train Python to make logical decisions
- Work with moving 2D objects on-screen
- Understand the Pygame Library and build your very own game!
- Write a cool program to manage inventories in your backpack