Getting Started With Nano Server is published by Packt Publishing in July 2017. This book has 389 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1782175223.
Windows Nano Server allows developers and operations teams to work closely together and use containers that package applications so that the entire platform works as one. The aim of Windows Nano Server is to help applications run the way they are intended to. It can be used to run and deploy infrastructures (act as a compute host, storage host, container, or VM guest operating system) without consuming significant resources. Although Windows Nano Server isn’t intended to replace Windows Server 2016 or 2012 R2, it will be an intriguing choice for developers and IT teams.
Want to improve your ability to deploy a new VM and install and deploy container apps within minutes? You have come to the right place! The objective of this book is to get you started with Nano Server successfully. The journey is quite exciting, since we are introducing you to a cutting edge technology that will revolutionize today’s data centers.
We’ll cover everything from the basic to advanced topics. You’ll discover many such added values of using Nano Server, such as hundreds of VM types on a single host through a small footprint, which could be a big plus for you and your company. After reading this book, you will have the necessary skills to start your journey effectively using Nano Server.
What you will learn
- Understand Windows Nano Server
- Deploy Windows Nano Server
- Deploy Hyper-V Clusters on Nano Server
- Deploy Nano Server with SCVMM
- Manage Nano Server using PowerShell and Remote Server Mnagement Tools
- Manage Nano Server with third-party tools
- Run Windows Server Containers and Hyper-V Containers on Nano Server
- Troubleshoot Nano Server
- Validate developed applications that run on Nano Server