Mastering JavaServer Faces 2.2 is published by Packt Publishing in August 2014. This book has 501 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1782176466.
JavaServer Faces (JSF) is a leading framework and core component of Java Platform Enterprise Edition. JSF is the standard Java EE technology used to build web user interfaces. JSF 2.2 is a recent release with an extensive list of new features, some of which have been expected for a long time and are now ready to be implemented.
Starting out with a very basic topic, Expression Language, you will continue onwards covering a wide range of JSF sectors, such as JSF communication, JSF scopes, and so on. Throughout the book, you will master JSF artifacts (AJAX, HTML5, configurations, renders, handlers, listeners, events, factories, tabular data, custom components, Facelets, and so on) in a compendium of programming practices and informative examples.
You then round off with a detailed discussion on the capabilities of Facelets. Overall, this book helps you gain knowledge on the latest JSF features in an interesting and original approach. Adding these skills to your personal arsenal will turn you into a veritable JSF master.
Who This Book Is For
If you are a web developer who uses JSF, this is the book for you. Catering to an intermediate-advanced audience, the book assumes you have fundamental knowledge of JSF. It is intended for the developer who wants to improve their skills with the combined power of JSF 2.0, 2.1, and 2.2.
What You Will Learn
- Discover how to write custom JSF 2.2 themes, custom factories, handlers, renderers, and components
- Access unlimited developing scenarios with the concept of dependency injection
- Enhance your applications with JSF 2.2 upload component and HTML5 friendly markup
- Master the new JSF 2.2 Window ID technique
- Gain insights into managing the application state with stateless viewsExplore the new CDI @ViewScoped and @FlowScoped (detailed presentation)