Oracle ADF Enterprise Application Development – Made Simple is published by Packt Publishing in February 2014. This book has 432 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1782176800.
The simplest way to learn Oracle’s ADF is to follow an enterprise development process from start to finish, which is exactly what this book does. Combining theory with real-world examples, it’s the ultimate guide for Oracle and J2EE developers.
- Utilize best practices for real-life enterprise application development
- Plan and estimate your very own ADF project
- Successfully organize your code and your team for maximum efficiency
Modern enterprise applications must be user-friendly, visually attractive, and fast – much like Oracle Fusion applications. Oracle are using the Application Development Framework (ADF) for their own development, and now you can too. However, you need a proven method to use this powerful and flexible tool in order to achieve consistent success in your enterprise applications.
Oracle ADF Enterprise Application Development – Made Simple, Second Edition doesn’t just cover the theory behind Oracle ADF, it clearly explains how to get the most out of the technology.
Just like you need to do more than just wield a hammer to build a house, you need to do more than just master ADF technology to build a successful enterprise application. This book gives you the blueprint you need to ensure success.
This book takes you through an entire enterprise application development project using ADF, from proof of concept through all phases of development until the final application is delivered and deployed.
The book shows you the support tools you need for source control and issue tracking as well as how to use them productively to develop an enterprise application. It explains enterprise ADF application security as well as important specialty topics like skinning, customization, and internationalization.
This book will provide you with all the knowledge you need to make a real-life Oracle ADF development project a success.
What you will learn from this book
- Develop an ADF application based on database tables using both common and exotic ADF user interface components
- Develop necessary templates and framework classes to allow productive and flexible development
- Customize your applications to meet the needs and expectations of different users
- Estimate the effort required to build an ADF enterprise application
- Test your ADF enterprise application at the component, integration, and system level
- Understand how to secure your enterprise applications and assign roles for specific functionality
This book is written in an easy-to-understand style, following an enterprise development process through all the phases of development and deployment. Concepts are illustrated with real-world examples and the methods used are explained step-by-step.
Who this book is written for
This book is for Oracle developers looking to start using Oracle’s latest development tool and J2EE developers looking for a more productive way to build modern web applications. This book will guide you through the creation of a successful enterprise application with Oracle ADF 12c, and therefore it assumes you have basic knowledge of Java, JDeveloper, and databases.