This book starts by exploring what a pattern actually is and how regular expressions express these patterns to match and manipulate user data. You then move on to learning about the use of character classes to define a wild character match, a digit match, and an alphanumeric match. You will then learn to manipulate text and shorten data in URLs, paths, markup, and data exchange, as well as other advanced Regex features.
Finally, you will work through real-world examples, both in the browser and on the server side using Node.js.
What You Will Learn
- Structure your patterns and model different types of constraints
- Clean and optimize code with Regex’s processing power
- Solve common use cases and situations
- Extract different types of fields correctly
- Embed regular expressions both in your UI and on the backend
- Efficiently create guard clauses in your functions using patterns
- Create blank capture groups to handle inconsistent data
- Capture parts of a pattern in a group to display, replace, or use character sets to match characters
Who This Book Is For