Building Your First Application with Go [Video] is published by in February 2014. This book has 2 hours 47 minutes pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1783283811.
The Go language is a new programming language for creating concurrent applications, high-load and high-responsive software services, and complex systems. The language supports totally re-thought concepts and paradigms of software development, unlike other programming languages.
“Building Your First Application with Go” is your way into the world of software development. Go has a robust library and advanced techniques. This makes it a great language that can even be understood by people with no experience in programming.
Take a journey through the concepts presented by the Go language! Go is a language with no legacy, well suited for software developers, be it for beginners or experienced users.
The Go language presents fresh patterns of software development. You will learn about the core distinctive features of Go – goroutines and channels, which are used to design concurrent applications. You will gain familiarity with approaches of structuring application code, by breaking it into reusable components like functions, packages, and objects. Object-oriented programming; one of the central paradigms of modern software development, is also covered in this course. It offers the most popular and well-tested patterns for building brilliantly structured applications; the course finishes with creating a production-ready image manipulation program, which is built as a web application.
The course will help you to start building applications with Go right off the bat. Packed with examples, especially with a finished production-ready application from the final section, the course gives you the right vision of what software source code should look like.
What You Will Learn
- Find where to get the Go compiler and how to use supplied tools
- Explore basic and complex data types and how Go manages main memory
- Learn about the code execution control structure
- Organize source code into reusable parts with functions and packages
- Get to grips with the principles of object-oriented development and the specifics of their implementation in Go
- Understand how concurrent applications work and how goroutines help you to easily implement concurrency
- Schedule goroutines with a runtime scheduler
- Build well-designed applications from the ground up
Who This Video Is For
If you are a student or would like to dive into the world of software development using the Go language, then this video course is ideal for you. This course assumes that you have some basic knowledge of computer science.