Building Interactive Graphs with ggplot2 and Shiny [Video] is published by Packt Publishing in March 2014. This book has 1 hour 51 minutes pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1783284337.
Ggplot2 is one of R’s most popular packages, and is an implementation of the grammar of graphics in R, which is a powerful tool for performing statistical analyses and drawing publication-quality graphics.
This course helps you move beyond the default graphics offered by R and shows you how to start making elegant and publication-ready plots. It equips you with a good command over ggplot 2 to build sophisticated and interactive graphs that suit your own data requirements.
This practical course shows you how to build statistical plots layer by layer by following along with the examples provided. You’ll first get familiar with the basics of ggplot2 by understanding the use of the building blocks of standard statistical plots and see how you can combine elements to make new graphics. Next, you’ll learn how to customize your graphs, and finally you’ll explore how to make interactive webpages to present your work or analyze your data.
What You Will Learn
- Create interactive web pages and combine elements to produce sophisticated graphs
- Make basic statistical plots (lines, paths, bar plots, histograms, and boxplots) with ggplot 2
- Combine graphical elements and put more information on your plots
- Address big data by plotting summary plots very quickly
- Customize your plots to your own style and requirements
- Understand reactive programming in Shiny for building interactive web pages
- Get to grips with scoping and make your code more efficient
- Publish and share your work
Who This Video Is For
If you are a software programmer, application developer, or web developer with basic to intermediate knowledge of R programming and you want to build elegant graphs to display data that you can showcase to your clients, this course is for you. No knowledge of web technologies is required.