Hadoop MapReduce v2 Cookbook is published by Packt Publishing in January 2015. This book has 293 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1783285471.
Starting with installing Hadoop YARN, MapReduce, HDFS, and other Hadoop ecosystem components, with this book, you will soon learn about many exciting topics such as MapReduce patterns, using Hadoop to solve analytics, classifications, online marketing, recommendations, and data indexing and searching. You will learn how to take advantage of Hadoop ecosystem projects including Hive, HBase, Pig, Mahout, Nutch, and Giraph and be introduced to deploying in cloud environments.
Finally, you will be able to apply the knowledge you have gained to your own real-world scenarios to achieve the best-possible results.
What You Will Learn
- Configure and administer Hadoop YARN, MapReduce v2, and HDFS clusters
- Use Hive, HBase, Pig, Mahout, and Nutch with Hadoop v2 to solve your big data problems easily and effectively
- Solve large-scale analytics problems using MapReduce-based applications
- Tackle complex problems such as classifications, finding relationships, online marketing, recommendations, and searching using Hadoop MapReduce and other related projects
- Perform massive text data processing using Hadoop MapReduce and other related projects
- Deploy your clusters to cloud environments
Who This Book Is For
If you are a Big Data enthusiast and wish to use Hadoop v2 to solve your problems, then this book is for you. This book is for Java programmers with little to moderate knowledge of Hadoop MapReduce. This is also a one-stop reference for developers and system admins who want to quickly get up to speed with using Hadoop v2. It would be helpful to have a basic knowledge of software development using Java and a basic working knowledge of Linux.