Practical Mobile Forensics is published by Packt Publishing in June 2014. This book has 294 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1783288311.
With the advent of smartphones, the usage and functionality of mobile devices has grown enormously along with the sensitive information contained in these devices. Law enforcement agencies around the world have realized the importance of evidence present on a mobile device and how it can influence the outcome of an investigation.
Practical Mobile Forensics explains mobile forensic techniques on the iOS, Android, Windows, and BlackBerry platforms. You will learn the fundamentals of mobile forensics, and different techniques to extract data from a device, recover deleted data, bypass the screen lock mechanisms, and various other tools that aid in a forensic examination.
This book will teach you everything you need to know to forensically examine a mobile device. The techniques described are not only useful for budding forensic investigators, but will also come in handy for those who may want to recover accidentally deleted data.
Who This Book Is For
If you are a budding forensic analyst, consultant, engineer, or a forensic professional wanting to expand your skillset, this is the book for you. The book will also be beneficial to those with an interest in mobile forensics or wanting to find data lost on mobile devices. It will be helpful to be familiar with forensics in general but no prior experience is required to follow this book.
What You Will Learn
- Learn different approaches to practical mobile forensics
- Understand the architecture and security mechanisms present in iOS and Android platforms
- Identify sensitive files on iOS and Android platforms
- Set up the forensic environment
- Extract data on iOS and Android platforms
- Recover data on iOS and Android platforms
- Understand the forensics of Windows and BlackBerry devices