Mastering JBoss Drools 6 for Developers is published by Packt Publishing in March 2016. This book has 330 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1783288625.
Mastering JBoss Drools 6 for Developers will provide you with the knowledge to develop applications that use complex scenarios, where Business Rules are a foundation.
You will get to know about the KIE modules needed to create a rule environment, how to use the modules to create a rule runtime, and how the PHREAK algorithm works to enable rules to detect situations in the most performant way. We also cover the relationship that Drools has with the BPM Engine (jBPM), which allows you to enrich your applications.. You can define rules using domain-specific languages, such as spreadsheets, database entries, PMML, or even natural language.
You will be briefly introduced to the concept of complex event processing and features such as events, type declarations, and other components of Drools Fusion to detect and manage complex events. Toward the end, this book will take you through the integration of Drools with the Spring and Camel frameworks for more complex applications.
Who This Book Is For
This book is for Java developers and architects who need to have a deep understanding of how the Business Rule frameworks behave in real-life implementations. The book assumes that you know the Java language well and also have experience with some widely used frameworks such as Hibernate. You should also know the basics of relational databases and Maven-based applications.
What You Will Learn
- Automate your application’s decisions, such as promotion applying, discount policies, fraud detection, and more
- Quickly get started with writing your first rules using the DRL full syntax
- Discover the power of the new syntax components of the rule language
- Define inferences in your Business Rules to simplify complex decisions
- Write decision tables, templates, domain-specific languages and scorecards and learn how to map them inthe Drools framework
- Harness the full operational power of Drools through all of its configuration points
- Use Drools configurations and architectures for different environments and scenarios