Apache Mesos Essentials is published by Packt Publishing in June 2015. This book has 156 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1783288762.
Apache Mesos is a cluster manager that provides efficient resource isolation and sharing across distributed applications, or frameworks. It allows developers to concurrently run the likes of Hadoop, Spark, Storm, and other applications on a dynamically shared pool of nodes. With Mesos, you have the power to manage a wide range of resources in a multi-tenant environment.
Starting with the basics, this book will give you an insight into all the features that Mesos has to offer. You will first learn how to set up Mesos in various environments from data centers to the cloud. You will then learn how to implement self-managed Platform as a Service environment with Mesos using various service schedulers, such as Chronos, Aurora, and Marathon. You will then delve into the depths of Mesos fundamentals and learn how to build distributed applications using Mesos primitives.
Finally, you will round things off by covering the operational aspects of Mesos including logging, monitoring, high availability, and recovery.
What You Will Learn
- Get to grips with setting up a Mesos cluster in a data centre or in the Cloud
- Perform data analysis on Mesos using frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark, and Storm
- Familiarize yourself with managing services on Mesos using Marathon, Chronos, and Aurora
- Gain insight into how to write a distributed application using the Mesos API
- Discover how to automate and administer a Mesos Cluster and other operations such as logging and monitoring
- Explore the fundamentals and internal working of Mesos
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for developers and operators who want to build and run scalable and fault-tolerant applications leveraging Apache Mesos. A basic knowledge of programming with some fundamentals of Linux is a prerequisite.