Mastering jBPM6 is published by Packt Publishing in June 2015. This book has 320 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1783289578.
This book provides a complete understanding of the jBPM technology stack. It starts with an introduction to the world of business process management systems, the problem domain addressed by jBPM, explores the main use cases that can be addressed by business process management systems, and illustrates the main design patterns. It takes you through the details of the architecture and available out-of-the-box provisions for customizing, extending, and integrating the features of jBPM to meet the requirements of your application. Moreover, this book will empower you with the knowledge to integrate jBPM with enterprise architecture, debug through the source code of jBPM, and utilize the flexibility provided by a heavily modular system. Finally, it introduces you to the provisions available for a jBPM-based application to put the non-functional characteristics of the system, which are of great importance when we deploy our application in production. The book helps you in putting the knowledge at work by providing you with a lot of ready to use examples, both basic and advanced ones.
Who This Book Is For
If you are a designer or developer who wants to build and operate business process-centric applications, then this book is for you. Knowledge of the basic concepts of application development in Java will be helpful in following the concepts covered in the book, but is not necessary.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the jBPM tool stack and business process management systems, the standards, patterns, and use cases
- Build your first BPM application using the jBPM tool stack
- Monitor and manage the daily operations of business process-centric applications
- Get a detailed explanation of all the BPMN constructs supported by jBPM
- Understand the core architecture of jBPM
- Learn about the extension points and pluggable mechanisms which would help you to extend jBPM core
- Enhance your application with business process management functionalities by integrating jBPM into your existing application portfolio
- Configure the jBPM-based application to meet the non-functional requirements in production
- Integrate jBPM to the JEE, SOA, and EDA environments to use its capabilities