Lumion3D Best Practices is published by Packt Publishing in July 2015. This book has 170 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1783550852.
Lumion is a real-time 3D technology that lets you create amazing visualizations without the need for long rendering hours.
Lumion 3D Best Practices covers the most important Lumion features and techniques that can be incorporated in to any real production environment. Each chapter covers a different stage of a production workflow. The first two chapters provide a good foundation, in particular for when creating content for Lumion. Furthermore, the book provides an efficient workflow by covering two classic visualization scenes: interior and exterior scenes. You then get to know the best techniques to create physically based materials that boost the look and realism of any 3D scene. Special chapters are reserved to create efficient animations, still images and movies. By the end of this practical guide, users will be familiar with the professional and effective techniques to increase efficiency in producing high-end quality visualizations in Lumion.
What You Will Learn
- Tackle the most common issues and develop an effective workflow
- Import detailed and optimized external 3D models
- Construct effective lighting for interior scenes
- Sculpt detailed terrains with heightmaps
- Create PBR materials for realistic renders
- Design complex animations curved paths
- Add extra realism with Lumion’s effects
- Learn to create a still image and a movie
Who This Book Is For
This book is designed for advanced Lumion users who wish to apply these techniques to their own projects. The reader should be familiar with modeling knowledge and have at least a basic knowledge of a graphics editing program, such as Photoshop or Gimp.