Learning Unity Physics is published by Packt Publishing in October 2014. This book has 140 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1783553693.
Unity is a powerful game development engine that provides rich functionalities to create 2D and 3D games. Developers get the opportunity to build cross-platform mobile and desktop games from scratch. With the increasing interest in using Physics in interactive development, Unity3D offers a cutting-edge platform for simulation, game development, and application development through a user-friendly interface. You will learn the fundamentals of Physics in game development. The book starts by providing a quick introduction on how we can use Physics for interactive development. Furthermore, it provides a detailed description on the uses of Physics material in Unity3D and how we can use different colliders for interaction. The book also focuses on Rigidbodies and Joints, its types and properties. There is also a dedicated section on how we can optimize applications and games if we use Physics in Unity3D. By the end of this book, you will be capable of successfully developing Physics-based simulations, games, and applications.
Who This Book Is For
If you are familiar with the fundamentals of Physics and have basic experience of unity game development, but have no knowledge of using the two together, then this book is for you.
What You Will Learn
- Discover the use of Physics in interactive development
- Explore the built-in Physics components of Unity3D
- Get to grips with the uses and types of different colliders in Unity3D
- Define the collision shape of objects in scenes, explaining the Collision Matrix
- Learn in detail the uses and types of different Rigidbodies in Unity3D
- Get to know more about Joints and their types with examples
- Make use of Unity3D Physics components for animation