Mastering PostgreSQL is published by Packt Publishing in July 2017. This book has 445 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1783555352.
PostgreSQL is an open source database used for handling large datasets (Big Data) and as a JSON document database. It also has applications in the software and web domains. This book will enable you to build better PostgreSQL applications and administer databases more efficiently.
We begin by explaining the advanced database design concepts in PostgreSQL 9.6, along with indexing and query optimization. You will also see how to work with event triggers and perform concurrent transactions and table partitioning, along with exploring SQL and server tuning. We will walk you through implementing advanced administrative tasks such as server maintenance and monitoring, replication, recovery and high availability, and much more. You will understand the common and not-so-common troubleshooting problems and how you can overcome them.
By the end of this book, you will have an expert-level command of the advanced database functionalities and will be able to implement advanced administrative tasks with PostgreSQL.
What you will learn
- Get to grips with the advanced features of PostgreSQL 9.6 and handle advanced SQL
- Make use of the indexing features in PostgreSQL and fine-tune the performance of your queries
- Work with the stored procedures and manage backup and recovery
- Master the replication and failover techniques
- Troubleshoot your PostgreSQL instance for