Mastering jQuery Mobile is published by Packt Publishing in August 2015. This book has 279 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1783559084.
The book starts with you setting up the development environment that will enable you to complete the project that accompanies the book. Furthermore, you will get a brief overview of developing for mobile devices and a brief look at RESS. You will then start putting together a touch-based navigation system as you link pages together and explore the various widgets and controls used to build the project. Finally, some mobile best practices that will benefit you will be looked at as you go deeper into jQuery Mobile development. By the end of the book, you will be well equipped with an extensive knowledge of jQuery Mobile, not only to build applications, but to effectively customize and maintain them.
What You Will Learn
- Create a theme for your jQuery Mobile application by using the ThemeRoller tool
- Test your application on a variety of resolutions through Screenfly
- Master pages, panels, popups, toolbars, and navbars in jQuery Mobile
- Understand how mobile web design best practices can enhance your mobile web application
- Allow your users to navigate pages with a swipe gesture and add transitions and effects to the page changes
- Discover how to create jQuery Mobile widgets that will extend the framework to suit your needs
- See how Apache Cordova can turn your web application into a native Android or iOS app
Who This Book Is For