Building Business Websites for Squarespace is published by Packt Publishing in October 2014. This book has 308 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1783559961.
This practical guide walks you through the various steps involved in building a website for your business with Squarespace. You will learn how to use all of the tools provided by Squarespace to control the layout, appearance, structure, and functions of your website, starting from the inception stage, all the way to monitoring your site after it has been launched.
This is much more than just a how-to book for the Squarespace system: it’s filled with helpful advice that will help you improve your website’s visibility in search engines and tailor your site for your customers. Moreover, it provides dozens of other business-oriented tips to help your website stand out from the crowd. If you have used Squarespace 5 or other website builders/CMSes, this book will help you understand the key differences and teach you how to do things based on the new features of Squarespace 7.
Who This Book Is For
This book is ideal for anyone who wants to learn how to use the latest version of Squarespace to create a website from scratch and take it through to go-live. You don’t need any prior experience with Squarespace, HTML or CSS, or building websites in general as everything is done using Squarespace’s simple, browser-based interface.
What You Will Learn
- Create your website framework, fill it with content, and arrange your pages using Squarespace’s drag and drop layout tools
- Customize your site’s look and feel to match your brand, and create stunning visual impact, even on mobile and tablet devices
- Configure the core functions your business needs such as sharing to social media, showcasing your work, or selling goods and services online
- Discover time-saving tricks and how to avoid common pitfalls from an experienced professional with years of Squarespace experience
- Gain valuable insights about search engine optimization and other e-marketing advice beyond just how to build a website
- Understand how to monitor, measure, and manage your website post-launch
- Develop an essential Website Toolkit that will act as reference material for your entire project, ensuring you stay on target to meet your objectives