RESTful Java Web Services Security: Book + Code is published by Packt Publishing in June 2014. This book has 144 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1783980109.
This book will serve as a practical companion for you to learn about common vulnerabilities when using RESTful services, and will provide you with an indispensable knowledge of the tools you can use to implement and test security on your applications. It will cover the fine details of setting up RESTful services such as implementing RESTEasy and securing transmission protocols such as the OAuth protocol and its integration with RESTEasy. Furthermore, it also explains the implementation of digital signatures and the integration of the Doseta framework with RESTEasy.
With this book, you will be able to design your own security implementation or use a protocol to grant permissions over your RESTful applications with OAuth. You will also gain knowledge about the working of other features such as configuring and verifying HTTP and HTTPS protocols, certificates, and securing protocols for data transmission. By the end of this book, you will have comprehensive knowledge that will help you to detect and solve vulnerabilities.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up, implement, and personalize your development and test environment
- Learn, understand, and assimilate concepts inherent to security management on RESTful applications and the importance of these concepts
- Implement and test security on your applications that use RESTful web services with the most useful techniques and interpret the test results
- Apply and configure secure protocols on your application
- Implement, configure, and integrate other technologies such as OAuth or SSO with RESTful applications
- Learn and assimilate security concepts at JEE application and container level
- Understand digital signatures and message encryption through descriptive examples
A sequential and easy-to-follow guide which allows you to understand the concepts related to securing web apps/services quickly and efficiently, since each topic is explained and described with the help of an example and in a step-by-step manner, helping you to easily implement the examples in your own projects.
Who this book is written for
This book is intended for web application developers who use RESTful web services to power their websites. Prior knowledge of RESTful is not mandatory, but would be advisable.