Three.js Cookbook is published by Packt Publishing in January 2015. This book has 288 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1783981182.
Modern browsers are becoming more powerful each year and in recent years have adopted WebGL as the standard to deliver 3D graphics in a browser. Beginning with some basic recipes to get you started, this book will guide you through the most important features that Three.js has to offer. You’ll even learn how to quickly create new geometries from scratch. Solutions and methods that show you how to use HTML5 video and canvas as textures will follow on from this.
By the end of the book, you’ll be able to quickly add advanced features to your scene, improve the way users interact with your 3D scene, and make your scenes look stunning.
What You Will Learn
- Create a standard HTML skeleton and advanced features such as keyboard controls, drag and drop support, WebGL detection, and loading resources
- Build and transform Three.js geometries using simple properties and advanced matrix transformations
- Enhance the look of your scene using Three.js materials, texture maps, and dynamic textures
- Apply realistic lighting and shadows to the 3D objects you have created
- Animate particle systems created from scratch or from existing geometries
- Work with animations, advanced physics, and collision detection
Who This Book Is For