Learning Proxmox VE is published by Packt Publishing in March 2016. This book has 224 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1783981786.
Proxmox VE 4.1 provides an open source, enterprise virtualization platform on which to host virtual servers as either virtual machines or containers.
This book will support your practice of the requisite skills to successfully create, tailor, and deploy virtual machines and containers with Proxmox VE 4.1.
Following a survey of PVE’s features and characteristics,this book will contrast containers with virtual machines and establish cases for both. It walks through the installation of Proxmox VE, explores the creation of containers and virtual machines, and suggests best practices for virtual disk creation, network configuration, and Proxmox VE host and guest security. Throughout the book, you will navigate the Proxmox VE 4.1 web interface and explore options for command-line management
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for server and system administrators and engineers who are eager to take advantage of the potential of virtual machines and containers to manage servers more efficiently and make the best use of resources, from energy consumption to hardware utilization and physical real estate
What You Will Learn
- Install and configure Proxmox VE
- Create new virtual machines and containers
- Import container templates and virtual appliances
- Optimize virtual machine performance for common use cases
- Apply the latest security patches to a Proxmox VE host
- Contrast PVE virtual machines and containers to recognize their respective use cases
- Secure virtual machines and containers
- Assess the benefits of virtualization on budgets, server real estate, maintenance, and management time