edX E-Learning Course Development is published by Packt Publishing in May 2015. This book has 282 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1783981809.
edX is an open source learning management system (LMS) and course-authoring tool that educational institutions and private organizations can use to create massive online open courses (MOOCs) and small private online courses (SPOCs).
This book walks you through the eight essential steps you will take to create your first edX course while teaching you tools and techniques you need to know as an edX instructor. Organized sequentially, each chapter represents a stage in your curriculum development and implementation process.
We begin with an overview of MOOCs and the history of edX; detail curriculum development and video production best practices; explore options for exercises and assessments; address your course’s administrative options; and then review your role as a facilitator. Lastly, we suggest a strategy to market your course with traditional tools, edX options, and social media.
Who This Book Is For
If you are an educator creating a course for edX or a corporate trainer using Open edX for large-scale learning and development initiatives, then edX E-Learning Course Development is the ideal book for you.
What You Will Learn
- How to navigate edX, sign up for Studio, and create your own edX course
- How to use video production best practices and convert your classroom lectures to instructional videos
- How to create engaging assessments and effective exercises that achieve your course’s learning objectives
- How to publish an announcement, attach a course syllabus, add instructional pages, and upload course handouts
- How to establish your edX course settings, view and modify course content, and import and export your course
- How to market your course to increase enrollment and create an enjoyable educational experience for your students