Learning PrimeFaces Extensions Development is published by Packt Publishing in March 2014. This book has 192 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1783983247.
PrimeFaces is a lightweight open source component suite for Java Server Faces (JSF), a Java-based web application framework. Java developers use PrimeFaces for front end UI development, and it can also be applied to both mobile and web applications. It allows users to customize, create, and further develop application features.
Learning PrimeFaces Extension Development will cover all the skills you require to start developing extended or advanced PrimeFaces applications in an easy manner. It will help you to setup, configure, learn and create Extension components with their various features. From looking at form and editor components, you then move on to deal with time tracking, extended data reporting, image components, and more to discover what the extensions library can offer. Using the JobHub application as its main example, this book will guide you through what you need to know to extend PrimeFaces the way you want to.
Who This Book Is For
If you are an intermediate to advanced level user (or developer) who already has a basic working knowledge of PrimeFaces, then this book is for you.
The only thing you need to know is Java Server Faces(JSF).
What You Will Learn
- Create frequently used enhanced form components and advanced editor components in the form filling applications
- Design the web page structure and improve the web user interface using screen blocking components
- Organize and manipulate events with time tracking components
- Generate a wide range of data reports in various file formats and image manipulation components
- Explore the extended data container, cascading components, and QR codes for e-commerce applications
- Enhance web development using utility components, exception handlers, and Maven plugins
- Learn more about the features of the PrimeFaces Extensions component library and their role in PrimeFaces application development