Learning WebRTC: Book + Code is published by Packt Publishing in August 2015. This book has 259 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1783983667.
The book begins by teaching you how to capture audio and video streams from the browser using the Media Capture and Streams API.
You will then create your first WebRTC application capable of audio and video calling. The book will also give you in-depth knowledge about signaling and building a signaling server in Node.js. While being introduced to the RTCDataChannel object, you will learn how it relates to WebRTC and how to add text-based chat to your application. You will also learn to take your application further by supporting multiple users through different technologies and scale its performance and security. This book will also cover several theories using full mesh networks, partial mesh networks, and multipoint control units. By the end of this book, you will have an extensive understanding of real-time communication and the WebRTC protocol and APIs.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the underlying platform that WebRTC is built upon
- Create applications that utilize your web camera and microphone
- Build your very own signaling server from scratch
- Enable your applications to communicate with multiple users
- Share data and files across peer-to-peer connections using WebRTC
- Implement best practices to secure and make a WebRTC application perform
- Get to know more about multi-peer mesh networks for more than two users
- Learn the best practices behind traversing networks, signaling, security, and data transport in WebRTC applications
- Use full mesh networks, partial mesh networks, and multipoint control units to manage your applications
Who This Book Is For