Mastering Apache Maven 3 is published by Packt Publishing in December 2014. This book has 298 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1783983865.
Maven is the number one build tool used by developers for more than a decade. Maven stands out among other build tools due to its extremely extensible architecture, which is built on top of the concept “convention over configuration”. This has made Maven the de-facto tool used to manage and build Java projects.This book is a technical guide to the difficult and complex concepts in Maven and build automation. It starts with the core Maven concepts and its architecture, and then explains how to build extensions such as plugins, archetypes, and lifecycles in depth.
This book is a step-by-step guide that shows you how to use Apache Maven in an optimal way to address your enterprise build requirements.
What you’ll learn
- Apply Maven best practices in designing a build system to improve developer productivity
- Customize the build process to suit your enterprise needs by developing custom Maven plugins, lifecycles, and archetypes
- Implement and deploy a Maven repository manager to manage the build process in a better and smoother way
- Design the build in a way that prevents any maintenance nightmares with proper dependency management
- Optimize Maven configuration settings
- Create your own distribution archive using Maven assemblies
- Build custom Maven lifecycles and lifecycle extensions