Building Scalable Apps with Redis and Node.js is published by Packt Publishing in November 2014. This book has 293 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1783984480.
This book will help you get to grips with Node.js and implement the knowledge to build efficient web applications. You start with developing a backend web application followed by a frontend interface, and later on deploy it to the cloud platform. This book takes a holistic approach to server-side programming using Node.js in conjunction with different frameworks and tools.
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Build and implement your custom middleware for Express
- Integrate Socket.IO with Express and use the same authentication
- Create a secure local store for passwords
- Use message queues to break down your application into manageable pieces
- Leverage the power of Redis to create a shared state across many different servers
- Implement Backbone, Socket.IO, and React together for a fast, dynamic, and real-time frontend
- Automate your build process with the use of the Grunt.js task runner
- Build deployment scripts to get servers running your application in the cloud