Learning Karaf Cellar is published by Packt Publishing in July 2014. This book has 114 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1783984602.
Apache Karaf is a popular OSGi container that provides rich and broad features, and together with Cellar, you can easily manage farms of containers that provide synchronization between the instances of Karaf. In a real production system, users require a farm of containers to implement failover and scalability, as well as the tools required to provision the different members of a cluster. This book will help you understand the architecture, installation, and configuration of a cluster and teach you about different components and features to get the best out of a clustering solution using Apache Karaf Cellar.
Learning Karaf Cellar starts with an introduction to some of the key features of Karaf. After a quick but detailed understanding of OSGi and Karaf, this book takes you through the concept of provisioning clusters and then covers what Cellar is and how to use it.
Who This Book Is For
If you are new to Karaf and want to install and manage multiple Karaf instances by farming or clustering, then this book is for you. If you are a Java developer or a system administrator with basic knowledge of Karaf, you can use this book as a guide. Some background knowledge of OSGi and/or Karaf would be preferred but is not mandatory.
What You Will Learn
- Explore the Apache Karaf OSGi container and its features
- Install and configure multiple Karaf containers
- Leverage Hazelcast using Cellar to provide clustering
- Create and manage multiple cluster groups
- Discover the different components of Cellar and how to administrate them
- Implement a fine-grained topology by filtering cluster events
- Use Cellar to implement remote communication between OSGi bundles (DOSGi)
- Use Cellar with Camel to implement a remote communication between Camel routes and a distributed cache