QGIS 2 Cookbook is published by Packt Publishing in April 2016. This book has 390 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1783984961.
QGIS is a user-friendly, cross-platform desktop geographic information system used to make maps and analyze spatial data. QGIS allows users to understand, question, interpret, and visualize spatial data in many ways that reveal relationships, patterns, and trends in the form of maps. This book is a collection of simple to advanced techniques that are needed in everyday geospatial work, and shows how to accomplish them with QGIS. You will begin by understanding the different types of data management techniques, as well as how data exploration works. You will then learn how to perform classic vector and raster analysis with QGIS, apart from creating time-based visualizations. Finally, you will learn how to create interactive and visually appealing maps with custom cartography. By the end of this book, you will have all the necessary knowledge to handle spatial data management, exploration, and visualization tasks in QGIS.
What you will learn
- Import and export common tricky spatial data formats
- Perform classic vector and raster analysis with QGIS
- Utilize spatial databases and data management tools
- Use and create geographic web services and maps
- Explore and create time-based visualizations
- Perform network building and routing analysis
- Extend QGIS capabilities with popular plugins and toolbox automation
- Make beautiful and unique maps with customized cartography